• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200248 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote=" because aside from pat tillman nobody was killed unlike obamas use of it regarding fast and furious[/quote]

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
The following user(s) said Thank You: EyeBallKid
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200252 1 year, 6 months ago
B-Rad wrote:
EyeBallKid wrote:
You did not call him a marxist, you called him a socialist. When asked about it, you were unable to explain your position.
Simple search for the word socialism in any of tdog's posts.
Tdog- Sept 30 11:49

"I would argue Obama is a socialist, although, I know that word excites some people. Nonetheless it's hard for me to see the difference between the definition of socialism and Obama's economic philosophy. Be that as it may, it hasn't worked and in many cases has led to social unrest, violence and death. Not for me. "



Right, and then I asked him if Canada, Germany, France, Sweeden, Norway, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand... were full of social unrest, violence and death due to their socialist policies. ?????? And I would repeat my question as to a single policy Obama has proposed that is socialist?????


Oops. My mistake. I try to stear clear of labels but a slip up.

So, sue me

I see you left out Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland and Greece for some odd reason

Germany is socialist ? I think not, although, they have some socialist programs as does the U.S. Unless this 1938 ?

Again, call Obama anything you want. He believes in redistribution of wealth and centralized government. I don't think you'll read those words in the United States Constitution rather may find it in Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Shine your shoes, light your fuse
Can you use them old U.S. Blues
I'll drink your health, share your wealth
Run your life, steal your wife
Freedom is truth.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder
Posts:1111

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200256 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="tdog" post=200252][quote="B-Rad" post=200238]EyeBallKid wrote:
I see you left out Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland and Greece for some odd reason

Germany is socialist ? I think not, although, they have some socialist programs as does the U.S. Unless this 1938 ?

Again, call Obama anything you want. He believes in redistribution of wealth and centralized government. I don't think you'll read those words in the United States Constitution rather may find it in Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Shine your shoes, light your fuse
Can you use them old U.S. Blues
I'll drink your health, share your wealth
Run your life, steal your wife


Same reason I left the USA out, because we have social unrest and problems.

Yes, Germany with its free medical care, free contraception, very strong welfare programs IS socialist (or they have socialist programs. There really is no such thing as a capitalist or socialist country...they all have mixed economic systems today). They also require union members on all boards of directors for corporations and have a top income tax rate of over 60%.

Where do Obama's policies redistribute wealth or centralize government (unlike Bush's which created the largest government bueracracy in the world DHS, created actual socialized medicine: medicare part D, and actually expanded the number of government employees faster than the private sector added employees)???????? Again, policies not what you think he thinks.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by B-Rad.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200261 1 year, 6 months ago
[quote="B-Rad" post=200256][quote="tdog" post=200252]B-Rad wrote:
EyeBallKid wrote:
I see you left out Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland and Greece for some odd reason

Germany is socialist ? I think not, although, they have some socialist programs as does the U.S. Unless this 1938 ?

Again, call Obama anything you want. He believes in redistribution of wealth and centralized government. I don't think you'll read those words in the United States Constitution rather may find it in Marx's Communist Manifesto.

Shine your shoes, light your fuse
Can you use them old U.S. Blues
I'll drink your health, share your wealth
Run your life, steal your wife




Same reason I left the USA out, because we have social unrest and problems.

Yes, Germany with its free medical care, free contraception, very strong welfare programs IS socialist (or they have socialist programs. There really is no such thing as a capitalist or socialist country...they all have mixed economic systems today). They also require union members on all boards of directors for corporations and have a top income tax rate of over 60%.

Where do Obama's policies redistribute wealth or centralize government (unlike Bush's which created the largest government bueracracy in the world DHS, created actual socialized medicine: medicare part D, and actually expanded the number of government employees faster than the private sector added employees)???????? Again, policies not what you think he thinks.


I've never supported Bush ! Why do you Obmaites always bring up Bush ? He's more like your guy than you care to realize or at least admit to.

Free contraception ? What, is that a joke ? That is a socialist policy ? Learn something every day I guess.

Ah, the wonderful world of denial. Rainbows and Unicorns.
Freedom is truth.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3192
"Why don't you arrest me"

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200264 1 year, 6 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
hey ecoi was being calledon facts that i provided which werecorrectand being told i dont know what i m talking about so excuse me if i get a little touchy over being called a liar as for patriotic lead paint what the hell does the even mean? ya know what nevermind .fucking hippies like talking to a brickwall hey the 60s are over grow up


This election has nothing to do with how many guns the ATF fucked off. Let the record show I said nothing to you about your assertions that Obama was responsible for their actions (although I think it's absurd) tried to said you made no point regarding the topic at hand and then told every one to shove it, like you just won a wrestling match.

Lead Paint reference was to demonstrate that not all of "The Liberal Socialist Agenda" is harmful, they care about things like peoples health and the betterment of all instead to resource allocation and the betterment of few affluent.

"fucking hippies like talking to a brickwall hey the 60s are over grow up"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ummm engaged citzens feel it is important to discuss the current policy issues facing our nation in an election year cycle where we have just came from the brink of world economic callopes due to the shortsited decisions of reackless gambling addicts that were put at the helm of the entire system. So yeah there is a little bit to discuss......

"Hey the 60's are over grow up"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reallly dude coming from you that is a honor
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder
Posts:131

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200266 1 year, 6 months ago
Phred wrote:
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Fact: Conservatives have significantly less gray matter in their brains than more liberal minded folks. Don't bother explaining the big picture or altruism. They don't, or can't, understand it. Most are selfish and scared, or the other way around.
Fact: Conservatives, tend to the rich and big business, yet have a poor unedumacated base that apparently are too starry eyed in ideals to recognize they are being sold snake oil.
Fact: Conservatives are flakes. Sorry, but it's true.
FACT: His own party is abandoning Mittens cause the placebo effect of the snake oil the party was counting on is wearing off. Mittens has no game.

I've been avoiding the fact checking and BS campaign stuff debate that is nothing more than mostly politics (and mostly lies from Republicans).

Why would anyone still support Mittens? I don't get it. He has no plan. He is no good for any of us. Is it because he is black? Is it because he didn't pull a miracle out of the Republican tsunami. Where is Mittens plan? The guys a false front that is quickly crumbling. Rant over.



wow you are a real master at making yourself look like you fail to understand debate, empirical logic and a lot of other things. Out of all the people in this thread who have turned to hatred and name calling your posts have been the most prejudice and have contributed the least to the conversation. Im a independent that has never voted a striaght ticket, i try to see all viewpoints, but the way you think is perplexing. You say nothing, you have no facts and even admit that you have avoided fact checking and using evidence. I hate to tell you but if you dont use facts you can believe anything your mind wants, from what you say in posts I really dont understand what your basing your vote on if the stuff here is "nothing more than mostly politics", everything from the economy to social issues to international policy to immigration policy is debated in this thread. What the fuck are you basing your voting decision on? wouldnt it maybe be beneficial to know which of the "mostly lies from republicans" are actually factual? you are entitled to having opinions but it makes you look uneduacated to present them as facts and not even attempt to justify reasonings. I suggest you work on your logic skill or you will continue to look too ignorant to even play the devils advocate in this thread.


Time to check out your sarcasm meter...it doesn't appear to be working.


man maybe your right and im just taking this way to serious and I missed the guys whole bit because I dont have a sense of humor. But are you telling me every post he made on here is sarcasm? he is joking he doesnt actually believe these things? idk if his attempts at humor have just missed me my apolagies for my attack. I just dont see his need to come in here and trash up the thread with hateful remarks and garbage when for the most part, at least intially, people were trying to have a constructive conversation.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Posts:215
Take a step back

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200276 1 year, 6 months ago
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.


Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE


What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

My view is it's time to try a different approach.
Freedom is truth.
Phred
Senior Boarder
Posts:416

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200281 1 year, 6 months ago
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.


Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE


What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

My view is it's time to try a different approach.


We tried it: 2000 - 2008. Verdict: it didn't work. You have to understand that we are in some fairly uncharted territory. The economy has not been this bad since the Great Depression (thus the name "Great Recession"). There are fundamental flaws with the economy...see my previous posts. Going back to the same policies that created the problem does not seem like a sensible thing to do. I'm willing to give Obama at least as much time to fix it as we gave the other guy to break it. Quite frankly, I'm no fan of Obama...he's too far right for me. But Romney/Ryan are threatening to take us back to the Dark Ages. My opinion, you don't have to like it nor try to change it...you'll be about as successful as I am in changing yours.

Cheers, and be sure vote, or you don't get to bitch...
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1428
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200286 1 year, 6 months ago
No predujice. There's no debate. Im entitled to my sarcastic opinion like the rest of you all.. Some people don't appreciate sarcasm. Fine. This is politics. I'm right, you''re wrong. Get over it..

sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
Phred wrote:
sweetwilliamisdead wrote:
Bakes wrote:
Fact: Conservatives have significantly less gray matter in their brains than more liberal minded folks. Don't bother explaining the big picture or altruism. They don't, or can't, understand it. Most are selfish and scared, or the other way around.
Fact: Conservatives, tend to the rich and big business, yet have a poor unedumacated base that apparently are too starry eyed in ideals to recognize they are being sold snake oil.
Fact: Conservatives are flakes. Sorry, but it's true.
FACT: His own party is abandoning Mittens cause the placebo effect of the snake oil the party was counting on is wearing off. Mittens has no game.

I've been avoiding the fact checking and BS campaign stuff debate that is nothing more than mostly politics (and mostly lies from Republicans).

Why would anyone still support Mittens? I don't get it. He has no plan. He is no good for any of us. Is it because he is black? Is it because he didn't pull a miracle out of the Republican tsunami. Where is Mittens plan? The guys a false front that is quickly crumbling. Rant over.



wow you are a real master at making yourself look like you fail to understand debate, empirical logic and a lot of other things. Out of all the people in this thread who have turned to hatred and name calling your posts have been the most prejudice and have contributed the least to the conversation. Im a independent that has never voted a striaght ticket, i try to see all viewpoints, but the way you think is perplexing. You say nothing, you have no facts and even admit that you have avoided fact checking and using evidence. I hate to tell you but if you dont use facts you can believe anything your mind wants, from what you say in posts I really dont understand what your basing your vote on if the stuff here is "nothing more than mostly politics", everything from the economy to social issues to international policy to immigration policy is debated in this thread. What the fuck are you basing your voting decision on? wouldnt it maybe be beneficial to know which of the "mostly lies from republicans" are actually factual? you are entitled to having opinions but it makes you look uneduacated to present them as facts and not even attempt to justify reasonings. I suggest you work on your logic skill or you will continue to look too ignorant to even play the devils advocate in this thread.


Time to check out your sarcasm meter...it doesn't appear to be working.


man maybe your right and im just taking this way to serious and I missed the guys whole bit because I dont have a sense of humor. But are you telling me every post he made on here is sarcasm? he is joking he doesnt actually believe these things? idk if his attempts at humor have just missed me my apolagies for my attack. I just dont see his need to come in here and trash up the thread with hateful remarks and garbage when for the most part, at least intially, people were trying to have a constructive conversation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:963
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200288 1 year, 6 months ago
tdog wrote:
Ah, the wonderful world of denial. Rainbows and Unicorns.
Why do you keep saying things like this? Do you really believe it serves you, or your beliefs, well? Dismissive. Insulting. Condescending. Ugly. And ultimately destructive to yourself, your ideas, and the overall discussion.

The majority of people who support Obama and who have posted in this thread have also included reservations, and nobody...NOBODY...has painted him the messiah or the answer to all things. They aren't denying anything...except denying to agree with you, which is something you have a very difficult time handling. Not only are you unable to argue in any kind of reasonable and coherent way, but you are also unable to read the ideas and beliefs of others without applying your own filter to them. You don't read what people say. You don't show them that kind of respect. Maybe you aren't able to do that for reasons we don't know or cannot understand (trauma, illness, mental illness, medications, etc). Maybe it is as simple as being a poor listener; someone who is thinking of rebuttal before they've heard what the other person is saying. Make no mistake about it. Listening is a difficult, priceless skill that many lack. It's truly worrisome that you cannot read or hear what people are saying -and that applies to both Progressives and Conservatives, because you twist Conservative ideas just as much- without an interpretation that leaves you a good distance from what they're actually saying. Add it to the list of things that make it impossible to discuss meaningful topics with you.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds