• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#200360 1 year, 9 months ago
tdog wrote:
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.

Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE

What is Obama's policy to stem the tide of unemployment ? He talks about growing the "middle class" but how does he do that without getting more people back to work ? More stimulus spending ? That's been his policy to date, government spending to spur demand. The problem is, it hasn't worked ! Higher taxes on higher earners ? How does that get people back to work ?

My view is it's time to try a different approach.

This is a thread on dead heads for Romney- why don't you tell us what Romney proposes for unemployment. The only thing I can think of that a president can do to get people working is to start a massive work campaign. But Romney/Ryan have other ideas. What are they? Oh- the debate started... have fun kiddies.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#200364 1 year, 9 months ago
kevin wrote:
from someone who has watched this thread devolve into a fight of facts, forget about parties and past presidents, understand this
The parties each have their OWN best interests at heart, Romney and Obama will do what's in their best interests.
THE PAST IS NEVER COMING BACK, all these quotes about previous administrations and even Obama's first term dont mean diddly, the next 4 years are what's important, Use YOUR vote to choose which candidate can do more for YOU and what YOU value in the next 4 years. There is a reason all people get 1 vote and majority wins. Democracy aint perfect, but it's the best we got.

Me personally, if Romney/Ryan are for "trickle down" economics and dumping Medicare/SS, then Im voting against that agenda. Obama is around a 5 as far as effective, he hasn't really impressed me much, BUT his health reform affects me directly and he hasn't campaigned to take away my retirement as I've known it for the past 30 years.
ONE VOTE

actually- you don't vote for president. You vote for someone who has promised to vote for president. As I recall- a few times the electoral college reps didn't vote for who they promised they would... but I'd have to look it up. But anyways- you don't vote for president and you never have. Just a minor little thing about "don't look back". Because your vote look back based on history. That said- I applaud you note supporting Romney.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#200365 1 year, 9 months ago
Romney has no plan. If he does, its suoer secret and still being written by the big business.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200377 1 year, 9 months ago
boy o boy did obama look like a stuttering liar Romney kicked his ass even bill mahr agrees hahahahaha Bill Mahr tweets, "obama made many points tongiht, unfortunately they were all for Mitt Romney"
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#200504 1 year, 9 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
boy o boy did obama look like a stuttering liar Romney kicked his ass even bill mahr agrees hahahahaha Bill Mahr tweets, "obama made many points tongiht, unfortunately they were all for Mitt Romney"

Really, I thought it was a draw. But if I were to declare a "winner", I thought Obama won.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#200511 1 year, 9 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

Really, I thought it was a draw. But if I were to declare a "winner", I thought Obama won.

I found myself feeling sorry for Obama after about 20 minutes.

It's clear he's in over his head and has been protected by his "friends" all these years. I worry about his health going forward. He should never have been put in this position. Very painful to watch actually.

Oh well. Be interesting to see how the media spins it in the next week or so. Should be entertaining anyway !
Freedom is truth.
gr8fulhead
Junior Boarder

#200598 1 year, 9 months ago
I voted for Obama last go round and I have to say that he has been a big disappointment. however i don't think i could bring myself to vote for Romney either. Once again we have the choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. i feel like voting is always choosing the lesser of two evils. I hate this two party system, maybe if enough of us voted for a third party then a third party candidate could actually be taken seriously for the next election..? I know I'm just dreaming but it would be nice
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#200668 1 year, 9 months ago
gr8fulhead wrote:
I voted for Obama last go round and I have to say that he has been a big disappointment. however i don't think i could bring myself to vote for Romney either. Once again we have the choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. i feel like voting is always choosing the lesser of two evils. I hate this two party system, maybe if enough of us voted for a third party then a third party candidate could actually be taken seriously for the next election..? I know I'm just dreaming but it would be nice

Put lipstick on the Douche and ketchup on the turd? Maybe that will help? LOL!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#200753 1 year, 9 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
83msg1sttyme wrote:

obama? ha you got to be kidding me WOW you obama fan boys amaze me i bet if he said jump off a bridge you would .obama won wow thanks i really needed that laugh hahaha obama ho ho ho thats a good one stop your killing me
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#201380 1 year, 9 months ago
Didn't watch the debate.

for those that care about "the facts"

factcheck.org/2012/10/dubious-denver-debate-declarations/
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.