• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Dead Heads for Romney 2012

#204053 1 year, 11 months ago
ohhhhh those evil corporations and their modern convinces we should all live in mud huts with no electricity or indoor plumbing.i hope the plague doesn't kill us all since we have no modern medicine or hospitals seriously you guys crack me up
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#204055 1 year, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
ohhhhh those evil corporations and their modern convinces we should all live in mud huts with no electricity or indoor plumbing.i hope the plague doesn't kill us all since we have no modern medicine or hospitals seriously you guys crack me up

Listen, if you think we need giant monopolistic companies to live in anything but mud huts you already live in a self induced world with no freedom. Even ceos will tell you that the govt must regulate businesses. And the best health care in the world is not for profit.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#204060 1 year, 11 months ago
every doctor went toan expensive medical school and hands out bills sure they may do some charitywork but they dont work for free.you want your house made of brick or wood corporations rubber roof or shingles corporation copper pipe well first you nedd a corporation to mine the copper another to smelt it another to make it into pipe and another to sell it i could go on but i think you get the picture mr smug
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#204194 1 year, 11 months ago
saume3672 wrote:
Romney is a good person. A friend of mine knows his family through their shared Mormon faith - they attend the same church/parish/temple (not sure what it is called in the Mormon faith, tabernacle?). She has shared some personal stories that present him as a good man, even though she is voting Obama. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a decent, God-loving, family man. The exact same can be said of Obama. It is rare that we have two genuine, authentic, what-you-see-is-what-you-get candidates. Most years it is hard to find even one of them who is real.

Having said that, I personally disagree with just about every policy that Mitt stands for. I understand and respect the different views and there truly are two America's right now. This is a crystal clear choice and I don't judge anyone for taking the side they take in this election. I'm a bit worried about what will happen in America post election, regardless of the outcome. Whoever gets elected will have a very difficult job of reunifying America - if it can be done - and I am not confident it can.

I am biased, full disclosure, because I am a public school teacher. I'm not a big rah-rah union guy but I would like to see public education get more support. Not for me personally, I don't need a raise, but we desperately need resources, infrastructure, technology and upgraded/updated curriculum for our students. We are drowning all across the country in our schools. Public education is not something that can be privatized. We are failing our children. Romney was my governor for 4 years and I know first hand what kind of a leader he is. So he won't get my vote. But I also do not think he is the anti-Christ. Like we survived Bush, and the GOP will survive Obama, we would all survive Mitt too.

My hope is that America wins.

Religion has nothing to do with being a good person, or not a good person.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by strangerinboulder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Phred
dougieisirie
Junior Boarder

#204197 1 year, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
Here is the problem with Corporations especially after Citizens United Rule in the Supreme Court. I didn't write this, but it explains it in a nutshell.

The legalization of enormous undisclosed campaign contributions allows undisclosed donors of sufficient wealth to effectively purchase election outcomes. Such donors are able to influence the politicians dependent on their contributions to give them governmental largess such as payments or tax reductions at the expense of other taxpayers, government-created monopolies at the expense of competitors and consumers, and license to adversely impact the well-being of common citizens by the release of unsafe products or of industrial pollution. The ability to command such influence, coupled with the granting of such favored treatment, gives rise to a perceived risk to clean elections and honest governance. In response, a number of potential legislative remedies have been proposed, among them the DISCLOSE Act.
"Some ask, why play Grateful Dead music??
For those that know, no answer is necessary,
For those that don't, no answer is possible."
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#204238 1 year, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
every doctor went toan expensive medical school and hands out bills sure they may do some charitywork but they dont work for free.you want your house made of brick or wood corporations rubber roof or shingles corporation copper pipe well first you nedd a corporation to mine the copper another to smelt it another to make it into pipe and another to sell it i could go on but i think you get the picture mr smug

What you need are people willing to do the work for a living wage, sharing the profits of the company that employs them, under
safe working conditions. This gives the workers incentive to be efficient in hopes they can be compensated accordingly to cost of
living increases. Good employees helps the longevity of the company they work for, assuming the company is being well run. Of
course those who put up the capital to start the company should be compensated well, but not be pigs about it.

You on the other hand could use to not write run on sentences, and insert a comma or period here and there. It would help your
argument.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phred
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#204248 1 year, 11 months ago
Too bad rage started playing in the Pepsi Arenas they were one of the best things in music and politics in years. A band only on the side of humanity, truth and the opposition of destructive values...what happened?! Even the Dead ended up picking a side There's just too many people on planet earth and it ain't gonna work out for any of us! The only way to really win is population control/caps and effective natural resource management then we can all squabble over the bullshit as much as we want. Until we can secure a positive and healthy future for the planet and the human race it doesn't matter who wins because we all will come out losers. See y'all in the Thunderdome! 2 men enter 1 man leaves!!

younger man

older man
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#204252 1 year, 11 months ago
I readily admit I'm not well read on this and the Republican plank, but from what little I know, I find it interesting that they complain and fight against so many things that are based around the run-away costs of health care. Health care. Period. Needs to be altered. Not stifled. ALTERED. The costs are killing all of us, and we need either regulation or some way to negotiate pricing. There's no way someone can be retired for 20-30 years and all of us still be able to afford it. We all know how broken our health care is, particularly when we see the costs and how easily it is manipulated in favor of public holdings and profit. You want to do something meaningful? Do something to fix health care, and we can stop with the shortsighted rhetoric of cutting taxes. Taxes would be less of an issue if we weren't spending $2K at the emergency room on a 70-year old man's infected hangnail.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dougieisirie
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#204265 1 year, 11 months ago
^^^^^
How about we all pay cash for our healthcare services ? Only adding group insurance for things like long term illness (catastrophic coverage). Take the middle man out of the equation for most, small expenses (prescription drugs, hangnails, etc). Those who can't afford even small expenses, we subsidize through group insurance plans that we allow providers to compete for -- across state lines.

This, in a nutshell, is the Ryan plan. Close enough anyway. I aint no expert.

Medicare/Medicaid as we know is dead, bankrupt, nowheres-ville.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
StoneJackBaller
Junior Boarder
...Ballin that jack and a drinkin my wine.

#204267 1 year, 11 months ago
Obama might not be what he was cracked up to be but if you vote for Romney you are a turd nugget just like him. And the whole "vote for the lesser of 2 evils" thing is just a slap in the face of the entire Democratic system. If you dont like who is running, dont vote for anyone. why would you vote for a douchebag that you dont want? just because you dont want the other douchebag even more?? If you vote for Romney you are supporting this fuck wad and all the other offshore tax sheltering shitbags and outsourcing dickslaps that are giving away American jobs and holding out on their tax liabilities. thank you, that is all.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#204268 1 year, 11 months ago
StoneJackBaller wrote:
Obama might not be what he was cracked up to be but if you vote for Romney you are a turd nugget just like him. And the whole "vote for the lesser of 2 evils" thing is just a slap in the face of the entire Democratic system. If you dont like who is running, dont vote for anyone. why would you vote for a douchebag that you dont want? just because you dont want the other douchebag even more?? If you vote for Romney you are supporting this fuck wad and all the other offshore tax sheltering shitbags and outsourcing dickslaps that are giving away American jobs and holding out on their tax liabilities. thank you, that is all.

Because, well, uh, I think Obama is an idiot
Freedom is truth.
tdog
Junior Boarder
Take a step back

#204270 1 year, 11 months ago
Rage Against the Machine sound like a bunch of bed wetters.

The Dead never took sides while Jerry was alive He didn't believe in picking sides. The burden of the trip that the scene was putting on him the last few years ended up killing him.

Unfortunately, the rest of us stiffs must pick a side.
Freedom is truth.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by tdog.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds