• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

Re: Weir Wednesdays!!!

#248937 1 year, 6 months ago
^^^^^ LOL on the not big enough line..............

I usually see it not so much as complaining but rather expressing opinions. Bob's playing might seem sloppy, or even be sloppy, to some folks out there. Especially musicians.

Not to me (both a fan and musician). It is strange at times no doubt, but not so much sloppy as strange. I really think he knows exactly where he is going, and sometimes I just dont get it. And I know sometimes my family doesnt get my guitar playing too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bxorain
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#248940 1 year, 6 months ago
Griff wrote:

I usually see it not so much as complaining but rather expressing opinions. Bob's playing might seem sloppy, or even be sloppy, to some folks out there. Especially musicians.

Not to me (both a fan and musician). It is strange at times no doubt, but not so much sloppy as strange. I really think he knows exactly where he is going, and sometimes I just dont get it. And I know sometimes my family doesnt get my guitar playing too.

I just happen to quote the "sloppy" line but I could have chosen many other complaints - anything from the content of the show to its co-host. That's absolutely fine to dislike a program or a tune but to go on the bands website and be critical of a very expensive gift that one of the founding members is giving us, at no cost...well, it's embarrassing to the rest of the community. That's like giving a gift to someone and they turn around and send you emails, detailing everything that's wrong with the gift. It's called respect - if you don't like the gift, cool, just quitely return it or tune out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#248944 1 year, 6 months ago
Griff wrote:

i play guitar, have played for 25 years, professionally and for fun, and i can certainly see that bob's not perfect, and yeah, 'sloppy' might even be a fair characterization at times....but to me, that's half the fun and i sure as hell i don't feel the need to point it out at every turn in order to demonstrate my self-perceived superiority

you want perfection? go see some lame ass act that plays their songs exactly the way they are on the album, or better yet get yer ass to the philharmonic

there probably was a time, however, when i was around this wlewis fella's age where i also acted like a petulant little doosh and used to like to cut down other musicians to make myself feel better <<shudder>>
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by spring mountain high.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#248947 1 year, 6 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:

there probably was a time, however, when i was around this wlewis fella's age where i also acted like a petulant little doosh and used to like to cut down other musicians to make myself feel better <<shudder>>

WOW. Thems fighting words.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#248948 1 year, 6 months ago
Wonderful ... now philisgod is gonna show up

Hey one day Bob will be done and then the Bob bashers can stand up and cheer and their torture will finally come to a merciful end.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#248963 1 year, 6 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I'm sad I missed this! Kept buffering like crazy. I hate having the slowest internet on the planet! And what happened to TRI catering to those with the slow internet?

I had the least buffering of any TRI show I've watched so far. I guess your mileage will vary...

I really enjoyed last nights. Dave Schools is another great addition to the gang and I liked Leslie. A different selection songs is nice.

And I don't get the negativity towards Bob (Or JK)...
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#248970 1 year, 6 months ago
We're having Sloppy Bobs for dinner tonight. It's a variation of Sloppy Joes. Replace beef with lots of cheese.

That's a joke.... no Bob hater here.

I love Weir Wednesdays. Up until a few weeks ago I had to work Wednesday nights and had no idea the fun I was missing.

My one complaint is that they aren't archived so I could go back and see the ones I missed.

My tweet wasn't read but it was referenced.... I wanted them to ask Kimock if he was jet lagged because I knew he had been in Japan all week.

It got some chuckles but IT WASN'T A COMMENT ON HIS PLAYING....and I think Steve Parrish cleared that up.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Terrapin Sedation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, Griff
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#248987 1 year, 6 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
Griff wrote:

i play guitar, have played for 25 years, professionally and for fun, and i can certainly see that bob's not perfect, and yeah, 'sloppy' might even be a fair characterization at times....but to me, that's half the fun and i sure as hell i don't feel the need to point it out at every turn in order to demonstrate my self-perceived superiority

you want perfection? go see some lame ass act that plays their songs exactly the way they are on the album, or better yet get yer ass to the philharmonic

I agree, isn't this Lewis "fella" a real "doosh"? I mean come on, where the fuck does this guy get off? Who the fuck does he think he is? Just because he's an exceptionally talented Musician, and knows how to correctly spell, he thinks that he can come on to a Public message board and post honest -and commonly shared- opinions?

What the fuck, who is this "Wlewis"? I really think him to be a bad person, to step into an online community and post something so honest, instead of agreeing with the opinions of everyone else, just shows whst a hopeless loser he truly is.

Gee's, I sure am glad that we are all so mature and beyond reproach
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Little Bear.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#249072 1 year, 6 months ago
In case you missed it

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
bxorain
Senior Boarder

#249081 1 year, 6 months ago
What the fuck, who is this "Wlewis"? I really think him to be a bad person, to step into an online community and post something so honest, instead of agreeing with the opinions of everyone else, just shows whst a hopeless loser he truly is.

That's way off base....

Not calling him a bad person and certainly not asking anyone to hesitate posting their opinions....this isn't the issue at all. The issue is the continual criticism of the gift that has been offered to us. I just don't get it? Hmmmm, what sounds like a fun thing to do tonight? How about I watch Weir Here and go on the founders website during the show and run my mouth about how much the show sucks.....it's an absolute embarrassment to all who consider themselves part of the GD community. It's okay to dislike something, but to continually have to point it out is a complete lack of respect. Gratitude is a really nice thing...even if you don't care for the gift, shouldn't you show gratitude for the offering? Again, this is a gift from Bob....if you don't like it, quietly move on.
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by bxorain.
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#249099 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks to reggaegirl1982 for
Janis Joplin - To love somebody

Thank You Jerry
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#249101 1 year, 6 months ago
Thanks to Patrick Haugh for the screenshots

Thank You Jerry
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by Sustainabill.
Time to create page: 2.59 seconds